Hooray, you’ve successfully installed Fixel and user events are flowing in!
Now you need to create remarketing audiences from these users so they can be targeted with ads.
To create an audience for use in Google Ads (Search, GDN, YouTube etc.) please follow these steps:.
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Navigate to the relevant Account and Property
- Go to the Admin section
- On the Property level, open the ‘Audience Definitions – Audiences’ section
- Click the ‘+New Audience’ button
- Verify that the selected View is correct under ‘Audience source’
- Under ‘Audience definition’ click on ‘Create new’
- Choose ‘Advanced – Conditions’
- Select ‘Event Action’
- Select ‘Exactly matches’
- Enter ‘High’ (use exact case)
- Click ‘Apply’
- Name your audience with a memorable name, e.g ‘Fixel highly engaged users’
Be sure to repeat this workflow for each segment of Fixel users (Basic, Med, High)
Now that you’ve setup these audience lists you will be able to see the number of users in each list and once they reach a critical mass you can start running smarter campaigns on them.
Using the Audiences in Google Ads (AdWords)
To use these audiences in Google Ads, first make sure you have linked your Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts.
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin and navigate to the property you want to link.
- In the PROPERTY column, click AdWords Linking.
- Click + NEW LINK GROUP
- Select the AdWords accounts you want to link, then click Continue.
- If you have an AdWords manager account, select that account to link it (and all of its child accounts).
- Turn linking ON for each view in the property in which you want AdWords data.
- Optionally, select Enable Google Display Network Impression Reporting to also include that data in each view.
- If you’ve already enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords accounts, or if you want to let the linking process automatically enable auto-tagging in your AdWords accounts, skip to the next step (9).
However, if you want to manually tag your AdWords links, click Advanced settings > Leave my auto-tagging settings as they are.
- Click Link accounts.
Your Fixel based audiences from Google Analytics will now be available directly in your Google Ads account.