Installation via Google Tag Manager (GTM) is the recommended way to use Fixel. Apart from being the simplest way to install Fixel, it also provides you with the freedom to choose which platforms the segmentation data gets pushed to, for example platforms like Taboola, Outbrain or any other DMP etc.
Here’s a quick video guide:
To install Fixel using GTM please follow these steps:
- Log into your fixel account at my.fixel.ai
- Create a new segment (or choose an existing one)
- Enter your UA ID. You can find it in your Google Analytics > Admin > Account > Property > Tracking Info > Tracking Code
Your code will be displayed at the top of the page
- After entering your UA ID You’ll receive an JSON file
- Log into your GTM account
- Choose to the Account and Container in which you want to install Fixel
- Navigate to the Admin section
- Choose ‘Import Container’
- Click ‘Choose container file’ and select the JSON file downloaded
- Select the ‘Existing’ workspace option
- Change the radio button to ‘Merge’
This is very important so that all your existing configuration carries over to the merged container.
- Keep the ‘Overwrite conflicting tags, triggers and variables’ selection
- Click ‘Confirm’
- Publish the container by clicking ‘Submit’ on the workspace’s main screen
And voilà, you’re ready to build your smart audiences!